Sunday, January 28, 2007



Lately, I have been writing about the state of coaching and what a bad job it must be. Today we found out for sure, from the Temple Daily Telegram, that a legend is back. Bob McQueen is returning as a consultant to the Temple Wildcats. Boy, is he needed. Now all we need is some players. He must really be a masochists. He has worked miracles in the past but this is going to take some divine intervention to turn things around. I have always been taught that you can't get blood out of a turnip. I am afraid he has a turnip to work with. Our competition is also fierce.
He will need to get some magic earphones to wear on the sidelines so that he may take instructions from on high.
I have been figuring something like this would happen since I got rid of my season tickets I have had for 35 years. Now we will start winning and I will long to have them back to watch the kids on the astroturf and the jumbo scoreboard reflect the high scores by the Wildcats. If McQueen turns out to be a success, I am going to suggest that he be hired as a consultant at S&W to complete the new hospital

1 Comments:

Blogger jeff ludwick said...

I wouldn't worry too much about those tickets, Doc. The good folks in Temple just don't seem to "get it". The Wildcats are no different than their rivals across the river. Both teams have a lot of so-so caucasian players and a lot good African-American players but all of them are thugs and kids that are more interested in alcohol and steroids than competition. Until the discipline problem is fixed in Temple from the ground up then all will continue to be sad in Mudville. Alas, the teachers, the administration and even the town itself chooses the ostrich theory and continues to say "what problem?"

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home