Wednesday, January 10, 2007


I try to listen to the news a great deal even though it is very depressing. I don’t get as much out of it as I should because I seem to be too occupied with looking at the facial expressions of the commentators. They all seem to be unhappy but I guess they are that way because they have nothing happy to report. Deaths in the Middle East, Democrats disagreeing with Republicans, murders, disasters, pedophile priest, etc, etc. The list goes on and on and it’s all bad.
I was trying to listen to the commentaries on the President’s address last evening regarding the new strategy for Iraq but I missed most of it looking at Brit Hume’s turned down mouth. Fox news is about the only one which is a little bit more upbeat, but even these people get me down in the dumps. Hume never smiles and his mouth is frozen in a down turned position. I thought he was bad until Greta Van Susteren comes on and her mouth is really distorted. Even plastic surgery couldn’t help her. All surgery did for Greta was to keep her eyes permanently open. If you flip over and see Nancy Grace her eyes are rolling around while her mouth is in some sort of smirk position.
It’s all a great show. All these people must attend a school somewhere where they learn to frown and contort their faces to make the news even more depressing. I think I’m going to just sit around the radio, for the news, like I did when I was a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home