Monday, November 20, 2006



I might as well put their picture on the blog. That’s all you are hearing in the news, Tom and Katie, Tom and Katie. We seem to have our priorities out of order. What is our number one priority? Big news items, like the war in Iraq and the press harping about the incompetence of President Bush, have taken a second page position compared to top stories such as the sale of PlayStation 3 by Sony and the big wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

People were fighting over the PlayStation 3 and standing in line for hours to get the 600-dollar item. Many immediately put them up for sale on e-Bay and they went for as much as $5,700. What a way to make a buck.

If the PlayStation thing wasn’t bad enough, the world went crazy over the Italian wedding of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise. They have already had a baby and have become so united that Cruise talked about eating the placenta following the delivery. What more can you do to consummate a union than eating your babies placenta? Exchanging vows before a pagan priest in a fairy tale castle in Italy must be the answer. His priorities are a little confusing, but perhaps that’s Scientology. Marriage has become a strange union. There is now greater emphasis on homosexual marriage and marriage after living together for a while rather than the old fashioned kind I am accustomed to. The Bible appears to be of a lesser priority in reading than the Koran or the writing of L. Ron Hubbard. The relationship portrayed in the movie Broke Back Mountain seems to have become the norm and under the Democrats will have the blessing of the law of the land.

I thought Bush bashing before the election was bad, but it seems great compared to this most recent stuff which is getting the headlines. I’m ready to go back after Bush for the lead story. I’m also going to stick to my old pong game I bought for my TV back in the 70’s. PlayStation is much to fast and expensive for me. The Koran and L. Ron Hubbard are also beyond me, so I will stick to the simple instructions in 1 Corinthians Chapter 7 or Ephesians Chapter 5 covering the principles of marriage. I don’t think the actions of Katie and Tom or the guys in Broke Back Mountain are covered in these books.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeff ludwick said...

Once again, this is why my wife doesn't allow me to watch television except for football games. She says my blood pressure goes up too much and she fears I am going to throw a brick or some other missile through the screen. But in two years Bush will be gone and I am sure there will be a chicken in every pot, some pot for every chicken and more gay marriages than fire ants.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Michelle Montgomery Wright said...

I'm ready for the rapture. I keep looking toward the sky and listening for a trumpet.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home