Sunday, July 08, 2007


Politically, I want to stay in the middle of the road, but every time my heart makes me lean to the left my brain pulls me back to the right. There are those who are always far to the left or to the right. Many movie stars and pseudo-intellectuals find it fashionable to stay far to the left. It’s what is expected of them. The extremely wealthy and boss hogs, as well as the die-hard Christian fundamentalist are far to the right. I understand the roles these groups must play even though their positions are not always in the best interest of the country. The thing I detest most is hypocrisy.
Most of us are hypocritical in one-way or the other. Some are just master hypocrites like; burglars, serial killers, politicians, preachers and others in the trade. It always makes my blood boil with people who, “do as I say not as I do.” Those are the master hypocrites.
Last week, Bill Clinton pushed me over to the right when he criticized Bush for commuting the 30 month prison sentence of I. Lewis Libby Jr.. I knew Bush would catch some heat for this action, but from Bill Clinton? That was preposterous, coming from a guy who issued 140 pardons and several commutations on his last day in office. Clinton might as well have preached a sermon on adultery and his exemplary moral life.
After Clinton’s remarks, it’s going to take a few more bombings and US military deaths in Iraq to push me back to the middle.
My political position is a lonely one. I have no candidates on either side. Another reason for me to just stay home; read write, and rock on my front porch waiting for it to rain so I can get a drink of water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home