Tuesday, July 03, 2007


Political columnist and news commentators always seem to take extreme positions either to the right or left. They polarize public opinion rather than helping us make rational decisions about what is best for the country. There is Russ Limbaugh and Ann Coulter to the right and Al Fraken and James Carville to the left. Listening to either side makes you think that the other is completely un-American and trying to sabotage the country.
Ann Coulter’s book, If Democrats Had Any Brains They’d be Republicans, is an example, as is most of her work. The title alone polarizes. Michael Moore’s new film, Sicko, does the same thing.
I agree, if Democrats had brains they would be Republicans. I also believe if Republicans had hearts they would be Democrats. If I wrote a political book, I would title it, I Have No Mouth and I Must Speak. It seems no one really speaks for me. The president is off on some insane war and everything Congress does is bad. Congress even has a lower rating in the polls than the president. Soon we are going to get into negative numbers in the polls.
The latest example is the failure to reach a compromise on the immigration bill. I’m getting to the age that I have someone do my yard work. Age has made me too feeble and lazy. I have a great team of Mexican men who have the yard looking great in about 15 minutes plus they plant flowers, weed, work in the beds, fertilize and do all the details that go into making a yard look good. These folks are truly artist with landscaping. I know the leader of the group but I strongly suspect that many of the others, who are referred to as cousins, may in fact be illegal. I don’t know and really don’t care. If these guys are taking jobs away from Americans citizens I am sorry, but I can’t seem to get any of these citizens to do the work I need done around my place. If a citizen did my menial work they would have to belong to a union and demand so many benefits I could only afford to have my yard done once a year at best.
My favorite food is Mexican food and it looks like we may have to close all these great restaurants. Much of the construction work in this country may come to a halt without those who are willing to labor and earn their way by the sweat of their brow. It is much easier just to collect a welfare check as most of the so-called American Citizens do.
Thanks a lot Congress!!! Congress has no brain and no heart. Unlike me, Congress does have a mouth but it is filled with babbling for pork and selfish agendas.
As for me, I’m switching to a concrete yard but I can’t find anyone to pour the concrete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home