Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Today the population of the U.S. reached 300 million. Most of these people are on I35 between Roundrock and Austin at 8:00 AM or Friday afternoon at 5:00 PM. A large portion of them are also in line at WalMart or in the waiting room at the S&W Emergency Department.
It is estimated that the U.S. adds 2.8 Million a year and about 40% come from immigration. The estimate is probably low because that many come across the Texas border every week.
There was a big celebration in 1967 when we hit 200 million. A Chinese baby born in Atlanta was selected as number 200 million. I don’t know what they will do to celebrate this one, probably go to the Texas border and greet him as he comes across. The Chinese kid grew up and went to Harvard. Who knows, maybe number 300 million will grow up to become president and get us out of Iraq. The best bet is that he will grow up and go to prison.
Anyway, welcome number 300 million.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeff ludwick said...

300 million. Amazing. In the old days the cowboys would say "I want to ride a good horse through this country before the lawyers and bankers get 'ahold of it". Now all of us say " I want to take one more vacation and stay in a hotel before the ragheads get all of them." None of this really bothers me much. Although my last name is German I am sure that I am of Hispanic descent so I can go either way. I am told that Jeff means "waffler" or "fence-rider" in Spanish so I should be good to go.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home