Wednesday, March 05, 2008


This has been a wild election year. When it started, I would have never dreamed that Obama would be at the finish line and I figured McCain would have dropped out long ago. It all shows what I know about politics. Obama has come on like gangbusters in the past several weeks and it looked like Hillary was out of it. Yesterday, Hillary took the wind out of Obama’s sails with victories in Texas, Ohio and Rhode Island. McCain is now the candidate for the Republicans.

It may turn out that little Wyoming and big Pennsylvania determines the winner between Obama and Clinton. Today, McCain is supposed to go to the White House where he will get Bush’s endorsement. That may be like getting kissed in the mouth by someone with AIDS or leprosy.

Regardless of who wins, I’m scared. Obama is inexperienced and will give us change we can believe in, what ever that is. I am concerned he will bow to the rest of the world and will be content with a position of weakness to fund all of our social programs as we become a welfare state at my expense. Hillary has a lot of baggage and even thought she is opposed to the war she could fire off a nuclear missile if she had a hot flash or caught Bill fooling around again in the oval office. Then there is McCain who, at his age, could drop dead at any minute. McCain could also spend us to death as we continue to fight our war with the Muslims over the Precious Oil. He is a little like Gollum in Lord of the Rings.

The choices are not good and on top of that we have a mad Congress who only fools around trying to police baseball. I’m a little scared. I guess I should relax and read my history books and know that we have made it in the past with such great leaders as Calvin Coolidge, James Buchanan, Franklin Pierce, Warren G. Harding and James Garfield. Probably our greatest president was William Henry Harrison (pictured above). Harrison’s greatest accomplishment was that he was in office for only a month.

I’m just going to say shut up on the porch with the shades pulled as I read my Bible rather than the newspaper. I need something to strengthen my faith in these perilous times. The Bible also scares me, especially the book called Revelations and that part in the Old Testament about the Children of Israel being God’s chosen people. The Muslims sure don’t like that part and if Iran eventually takes over Iraq, as I predict, that could be a problem for me on the porch. A mushroom cloud hovering over the earth could interfere with the garden I have planted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home