Tuesday, May 04, 2010


Arizona is in an uproar over a recently passed law that allows police to check people to determine if they are illegal aliens. The Hispanic citizens think this will promote racial profiling and discrimination.

Currently, illegal aliens flow across the border. They are demanding healthcare and all other rights offered to American citizens. The sad thing is that these are the folks who come to do work Americans refuse to do. It’s too bad the government can’t secure the borders so those who wanted to come to the US could do so in an orderly manner. They could work and be expected to return home unless they became a US citizen or remained with permission. The other option is to annex Mexico and offer their citizens all the benefits of US citizens. The problem with the last option is that none of the Mexicans would then want to work and would just become welfare recipients.

Anyway, I don’t see anything wrong with checking the status of citizenship. Sorry that some legal Hispanic US citizens will have to show proof of citizenship. Sorry that people of the Middle East have to be suspect when they board a plane. It was a middle easterner who recently parked a bomb-loaded car in Times Square to blow up the place. Why would they be looking for someone like me; a bald headed, beardless, pot-bellied, wrinkled old man? It’s unlikely someone with my profile would fly a jet into a building or be boarding a plane to the middle east with a one way ticket for which I had paid cash.

I am told that the famous outlaw, Jesse James was a distant cousin. My wife is also related to the famous Ike Clanton who had the gunfight at the OK Corral with the Earp brothers. Now, if it were in the mid 1800s I would expect to be stopped by a posse because I might look like my cousin. I sure wouldn’t look like the guys pictured above. They wouldn’t have been the type to have robbed a bank in Missouri and made a get away on a horse. I would be a more likely suspect and my kids would be on the terrorist list because of their relation to Jesse James and Ike Clanton. We should be stopped for an ID check and even questioned about the whereabouts of Jesse and Ike.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, maybe it is a duck. I say stop all ducks if they fit the description of a suspected group of criminals. I guess I’m pretty safe on the porch. The only thing I might be suspect of, is an escapee from a nursing home.

2 Comments:

Blogger B(O)B said...

"If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, maybe it is a duck. I say stop all ducks if they fit the description of a suspected group of criminals." -- JLM

DITTO!

7:46 AM  
Blogger jeff ludwick said...

maybe if we all just show a little compassion and exercise patience the illegals in our country will just turn themselves in...and so will drug dealers, and people will stop speeding and running red lights...and abusing children...and shoplifting...and politicians will become saints...and terrorists will start singing "Jesus loves me this I know" and I will at long last finally get to see what the Easter Bunny really looks like.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home