Monday, February 08, 2010


I watched the Super Bowl because I wanted New Orleans to win. My spouse even got to watch it with me and we had a Super Bowl party for two. It was a great game and New Orleans won. I wanted them to win because they were sort of the underdog and New Orleans deserved a boost after Katrina. I guess the city has now come back to life with the win.

The game was exciting and the commercials were terrific. A commercial cost a company 2.5 million for 30 seconds, so that means Budweiser and Doritos have to sell a lot of their stuff to pay for the airtime. There were other commercials but Bud and Doritos win in my book. Those commercials with babies talking like adults are funny but I have great difficulty hearing what they say.

In general, I don’t care for the gorilla, thug millionaire football players but Drew Brees, the quarterback for the Saints, seems to be a class act. Payton Manning for the Colts is also great and I sort of felt sorry for him when he threw the interception and the Saints scored and virtually sewed up the win. The other play of the game was the onside kick at the beginning of the second half that totally surprised the Colts and turned the tide of the game to New Orleans.

The low point of the Super Bowl was the half-time show with The Who. This is a rock group that started in the sixties and have been known for the destruction of their instruments on stage. In this performance, I wish they would have self-destructed They are now just old men, like me, and had no business out there with all the lights and fireworks. Their show was nothing but lights, smoke and noise. Peter Townshend, the guitar player, is definitely going to dislocate his shoulder if he continues with his wild gyrations. Anyway, they were bad, bad, bad. They need to go back to Who-ville or wherever they came from and check into a nursing home for old rock-stars. So far, Janet Jackson’s breast has been the best halftime show in years.

We can now all relax; football season is over. For the sports fans, the Winter Olympics is now on stage, followed by March Madness. As for me, I will watch very little of either. I am just as content to watch the deer romp in my back yard from my box seat on the porch.

3 Comments:

Blogger jeff ludwick said...

Fortunately I was helping my granddaughter get her show animals checked in and weighed at the Expo Center for this year's livestock show and I missed all of the Super Bowl. from reading the blog I missed a good game but was spared the halftime show. Honestly I thought that all of the Who members were dead from various overdoses but as I look at your picture they are still alive and defying science.

I have never understood why they always dig up senior citizen rock bands for the Super Bowl. I think most people would rather see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or those River Dance people............

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Didn't get to see Janet Jackson's breast but did see Pete Townshend's gut.

8:37 PM  
Blogger B(O)B said...

"The Who", Who? Who? Bad, bad, bad! Awful, awful, awful! Janet J. & Justin T. definitely have my vote!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home