Monday, January 18, 2010


I thought Radiology was a good career choice in Medicine but today I might choose Rehab Medicine because it is in such great demand. Rehab docs are in high demand these days. Everything needs rehabilitating. For example, Tiger Woods just checked into a rehab unit in Arizona for rehabilitation of his sex habit. I didn’t even know that sex was addicting like a drug. I thought everyone was addicted to it in a natural sort of way, even those attracted to the same gender. Movie stars are always checking into rehab units for drugs, alcohol, eating disorders, etc. Since obesity is an epidemic many of these folks are in need of help by rehab.

Politicians and other high profile people are always checking into rehab units to help treat their misbehavior, whatever the cause. It helps lying, cheating, infidelity and a whole variety of human misbehavior. Another malady that is in need of help is the mouths of TV and radio commentators. People like Pat Robertson, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O’Reilly, Sean Hannity, James Carville and a lot of CNN reporters could use help. Rush Limbaugh’s recent statement about the Haiti tragedy being great for Obama, so he could again gain the confidence of the black community, is pure poison from his mouth. That kind of statement only hurts the Conservative movement. Harry Reid’s statement about Obama being a light skinned black and not having a Negro dialect was as equally damaging for the Democrats. I just won’t listen to panel discussions on CNN or Fox anymore. Everyone is shouting at each other and it’s either too conservative or too liberal. The tongue can be a terrible thing and needs to be harnessed by rehabilitation.

My favorite interviewer on TV is Brian Lamb the founder and CEO of CSPAN. He used to do a program called Booknotes. He interviewed an author each week about their nonfiction book. I have never heard anyone who was more objective and unbiased. It was impossible to tell if Lamb was a Republican or Democrat. In all his years on the Booknotes program he never once called his own name. He was just after information in his interviews and in general I ended up wanting to read the book regardless of the political views of the author. I guess most folks would think Brian Lamb was boring but I found him refreshing compared to the loud mouthed, egotist listed above.

Anyway, I wish Tiger Woods success in his rehab treatment. His medical record would make interesting reading. A movie version of his experience would be a box office hit and would certainly regain most of the fortune he has lost from his advertising and missed golf tournaments. I probably couldn’t buy a DVD of the movie for viewing on the porch because the grandkids might watch it and they don’t need to be exposed to that kind of stuff by me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Montgomery Wright said...

Proverbs 21:23

9:35 AM  
Blogger jeff ludwick said...

Brian Lamb was fabulous and he checked his ego at the door, which went out of fashion years ago.

I can feel for those poor souls that have had to take to the rehab route. When I was young I was put in rehab a number of times by both my mother and father. My father's rehab was a belt or occasional switch but my mother found a soap mouthwash or grounding by solitary confinement with textbooks the thing that would cure me. My grandparents also had free rein to rehab me and on a few times even the mothers of some of my friensds got into the act......I wonder if the statute of limitations has run out for a class action suit.

11:35 AM  
Blogger B(O)B said...

Brian Lamb's CSPAN "Booknotes" program was terrific... a favorite of mine. I never watch or listen to any of the "talking heads" (including sports). They just wear you out with their ranting. The same thing is also happening on the science channels with all the "Doomsday" predictions. In my life, the glass is always half full... never half empty! I choose to be positive & optimistic.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home