Saturday, January 12, 2008



I have been informed that the picture of Obama on my recent blog, not saluting the flag or saying the pledge, may be a fake. That’s okay because the picture pretty well depicts my impression of the man. I have a couple of other blogs in recent months that are even better. One shows him as the AntiChrist.

After all, the blog is my opinion and like Huck Finn said about Mark Twain and his book Tom Sawyer, “he told the truth mainly.” I tell the truth mainly, but I never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Of course my hero is Mark Twain. He is shown above holding his famous jumping frog. I would love to hear what Mark Twain had to say about our crop of today’s politicians. In general, he had great mistrust for politicians and those in office. He grouped them with preachers, thieves and others in the trade.

Here are a few of his quotes:
History has tried hard to teach us that we can’t have a good government under politicians. Now to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn’t be wise.

No matter how healthy a man’s morals may be when he enters the White House, he comes out with a pot-marked soul.

It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.

I think a lot about Mark Twain as I sit on the porch. Nearby, I have a book of his famous quotes and all of his writings. I have one set of his complete works that takes 29 volumes to fill. I love just about everything he said. He made many statements about truth. One of my favorite quotes on the subject of truth is: “Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it.” I try my best to economize it on the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home