Thursday, October 15, 2009



I am very honored to announce that I have received this years Nobel Prize for, “Best Blog.” This is the first year the blog category has been recognized and it is with a great deal of humility that I accept the award. When contacted by the Nobel Prize committee I was told that I was selected because my blog has accomplished absolutely nothing and is read by only a handful of loyal friends. The committee assured me that the criteria for selection was the same as for the Peace Prize. Boy, was I honored! The Peace Prize recipient couldn’t make that statement.

There are several other categories that have been added this year. Some of the new categories are: Best Club Newsletter; Best Get Well Card Greeting; Best Letter To The Editor; Best Bumper Sticker; Best Tee Shirt Slogan; Best Protestor Sign Slogan; and Best Wall Comment on Facebook.

I am especially honored because there are literally millions of people out there writing worthless blogs. I was also pleased because the committee couldn’t figure out if I am a liberal or conservative. They apparently knew I wasn’t Jewish or Muslim or I wouldn’t have been considered.

This is really something else. Now I can join the ranks of some of my heroes like; Hemingway, Steinbeck and Faulkner. I know the current recipient of the Peace Prize must feel the same way. He must be thinking, “gee I’m right up there with people like Jimmy Carter.”

Anyway, it’s a great honor. I understand that my prize will be a coupon for a large bag of fries at McDonalds with purchase of a Big Mac. I do hope they give me a certificate or plaque so I can hang it on the wall of the porch along with the other certificates I have collected since childhood like my “Captain Marvel Club Certificate.”

6 Comments:

Blogger jeff ludwick said...

WOW!! I guess we all knew that if you stayed with it that good things would come your way some day. Who would have thought that a poor little caucasian Protestant boy from Conroe,Texas, could grow up to win the Nobel prize in bloggonometry. Your parents would be beaming and telling you things like "See, Johnnie, if you keep your nose to the grindstone you will eventually get an abrasion" or maybe "if you make your bed in a hayloft you may get 8 hours of sleep but you will wake up itching."

I can't wait for the holiday parties so that I can tell people that I am personal friends with a NPP winner.....

7:52 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Congratulations! What a honor!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Congratulations! What a honor!

8:41 AM  
Blogger B(O)B said...

I always knew that someday you would be recognized and honored for your efforts. You are the "Best", as the award indicates. Congratulations! Enjoy your fries & Big Mac and keep on bloggin.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Michelle Montgomery Wright said...

Gee Dad, maybe you can also win the Heisman Trophy
since you so actively watch Baylor football. However, you do deserve the Nobel Prize for "Best Blog"!

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home