Wednesday, September 10, 2008


Believe it or not I have friends who are liberals and conservatives. I receive quite a bit of e-mail from both camps and a lot of stuff that circulates around the internet, bad-mouthing and making fun of each other. Much of the stuff tries to make out Obama to be a Muslim and unpatriotic and even mocking the Bible. Much has been made about his inexperience. There has also been much about McCain being senile and a warmonger. Most recently, Sarah Palin has been the target of the Obama camp with remarks like “you can put lipstick on a pig.” Palin has been accused of being a bad mom because her 17 year old daughter is pregnant and some have said her Downs syndrome baby really belongs to the daughter.

There is nothing new about all this mud slinging. I admire Thomas Jefferson for many things but he was a jerk with some of the slanderous remarks he made about Washington and Adams. Andrew Jackson’s wife was literally destroyed because of the damaging remarks made about her not being divorced when she married Jackson. It goes on and on through the Presidential elections.

As usual the media is on the side of the liberals. People like Larry King and Oprah are very open about it. CNN is far to the left and Fox is the only one leaning to the right. Of course Hollywood stars are all liberal because they want to follow in the footsteps of their heroes Henry Fonda and Gregory Peck. They actually think people really care or pay attention to what they say. It’s interesting how any of the Hollywood people can say anything about Palin’s daughter, because having babies out of wedlock is the norm out there. But, like Mark Twain says, “that’s okay because they do it themselves.”

All of this is very disgusting to me. I’m just happy I have an off and mute button for my TV and a delete key on my computer. I long for an orderly and peaceful world where everyone gets along. I long for a world without politicians, dictators, lawyers, and the like. I guess I’m referring to the hereafter because it will never exist on this planet. The closest place I have found is the porch with the TV turned off, my head in a book and the iPod playing my favorite tunes. When I’m off the porch, I’m like the children of Israel and the politicians, bad-mouthing those I oppose. In my case, the ones I oppose in the political world are the hypocrites, which means almost everyone. My vote for number one hypocrite of the year is former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer. The liberals weigh in real heavy with the hypocrites, but the conservatives have their share. From the porch to my computer I often feel like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. More and more with the election stuff, I’m staying like Mr. Hyde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home