Sunday, March 15, 2009


The news stories from the big networks like CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, and FOX are all bad in this time of recession. They only make matters worse by constantly making us panic about how the sky is falling. Just hearing about the greedy lot on Wall Street and the executives of the big banks and industries makes my blood boil. Today the New York Times reported on the big bonuses the AIG executives are about to receive. They are about to hand out 170 Million of our bail out money to their executives and they justify their actions by saying that is what they need to do to have the best and brightest in their organization. Pardon me for having to stop writing for a few minutes while I go throw up. If they have such bright people how did they get into their current mess.

I think that one of the best things we could do for our future is close the Harvard MBA and Law School. These arrogant jerks must laugh all day as they take and squander our money. I would like to put most of the bunch in the crowded cell with Bernie Madoff and with some big black dudes craving for sex.

Even the news folks are disgusted with the stories from big business, Wall Street and the government. A story today says the networks are turning to ordinary America and local stories for the news. Veteran newsman Tom Brokaw is about to travel around the country in hopes of getting some decent stories from the common folks. The program is going to be called “Dispatches from the Road.” “On the Road” with Charles Kuralt was one of the best shows of all time. I have visited some of the places he wrote and reported about and they are most refreshing and leave you feeling good. We need to feel good again and I hope Tom Brokaw finds some great stories.

I wish Tom Brokaw could visit me on the porch. I could entertain him with stories about the Harris Clan in Cut and Shoot and some of the folks I knew growing up in my small town in Texas. I’m pretty sure I could entertain him with some of the stories from my time in General Medical Practice years ago. People would also enjoy hearing about a couple of my uncles who made their living off small plots of ground in the piney woods back in the 30s and 40s. I could also let Brokaw see the herd of deer in my back yard and he could learn how it would be possible to feed my family and the neighborhood if I could open fire. All these stories would sure beat the depressing stuff I hear on the nightly news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home