Friday, May 16, 2008


Sir Richard Francis Burton, the famous English explorer said, “The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.” The more I study man’s interpretation of religion the more I’m convinced that Burton was right. A famous quote from the great leader of India, Mahatma Ghandi is; “ I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Unfortunately, Ghandi is also right.

Everybody thinks their way is the right way and most think it’s the only way. The Muslims think we are all infidels, the Jews believe they are God’s chosen people and there are as many different beliefs in Christianity as there are denominations. It boils down to people worshipping themselves rather than God, as Burton said.

The gays are rejoicing in California with the latest court decision that makes it legal for them to marry. This is already the case in Massachusetts. I’m sure it will follow in the remainder of the states after Obama is elected and with the support of people like Nancy Pelosi in Congress. TV star, Ellen DeGeneres has already announced that she now plans to marry her partner Portia deRossi,

If gays are permitted to do their thing; I sure don’t see what’s wrong with the polygamy bunch in San Angelo to do as they please. After all we are violating their religious rights. Maybe they will again permit human sacrifice in church. When that occurs I have a few folks I am going to suggest that they may achieve atonement by considering themselves for sacrifice. The Muslims are already way ahead of us Christians on this one.

I realize I’m out of sync with the times but have enjoyed living with my partner of the opposite sex for all these years. Church used to be good until all the loud music made me seek refuge on the porch. As long as my iPod works on the porch, I can still crank up songs like “ How Great Thou Art” and some of my other old time favorites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home