Friday, May 20, 2011


We are moving from our beautiful home and porch in Salado. We are only moving about 10 miles away to Belton. We sold our home and the house we are building won’t be ready until sometime in July. In the menwhile, we are living in a temporary home in Temple. I miss my porch and even miss the deer eating all my plants.

Moving has been very traumatic for someone my age. My spouse seems to be holding up well, but even she is beginning to feel the pain. The trouble is that all this moving will be in vain because this fellow in California swears the world is going to end on Saturday.

All my life, I have heard preachers and others predicting the world is about to end. Entire religions are based on this prediction. Another group of scholars claim that the end is going to be Dec.21, 2012. I say all these guys are wrong because the Bible says that no man knows the day when the end will occur. That day is called the Rapture. That’s when Jesus comes and takes all the believers to heaven.

Anyway, I’m ready for the end. I hope they have a nice porch in heaven. I’m looking forward to seeing many of the people I have loved who have passed on. I even hope folks like Mark Twain are there. Twain said there would be no dogs in heaven. He said that admission to heaven was by favor not merit. If it were by merit, then the dog would go in and you would stay out.

This 89 year old prophet, sho is predicting the end of the world, said there is going to be a massive earthquake that will make the recent one in Japan look like a picnic. Atheist and Christians alike are claiming this guy doesn’t know what he is talking about. I heard him interviewed on TV and he seems pretty sure of himself. He has certainly gained a lot of attention. It will be interesting to see if we can still read this blog on Sunday.

Anyway, moving at my age is almost like experiencing the end of the world. For now, I am without a porch so there is nothing to inspire me. I feel like those poor folks in Japan or Haiti after their big quakes. At least I can see my new porch being constructed and if the Rapture comes on Saturday, I do hope there is a nice porch in heaven.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Enjoyed reading your blog on Sunday May 22nd. I am still here too.

10:09 AM  
Blogger jeff ludwick said...

The grim reality has set in that the Rapture might have actually happened and I am one of the unfortunate ones who has been left behind with all of the dogs. The way I understand it that means I have to hang around down here for another five months until everything is sorted out. I just hope my travel plans are final before another tax season is started and meanwhile I will just enjoy my time with the dogs....

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home