Sunday, November 11, 2007


I recently saw an hilarious You Tube Video clip featuring Achmed the Dead Terrorist. This is a ventriloquist act with Achmed as the dummy. He is a skeleton with very large eyes and a scowl on his face. All terrorist must have a frown on their faces. There is certainly no reason to smile in that profession. The Achmed act is a side splitter. One of the funniest things is that Achmed keeps saying to the laughing audience, “silence! I kill you.”
Achmed, of course, is a joke. His frown makes you laugh. Frowning people usually put me in a bad mood. I love people who smile. That’s one of the things I love most about my partner. She always has a smile. Even when she comes out of the post office or the dentist office she is smiling.
I don’t know much about Joel Osteen, the TV pastor of the mega- church in Houston. I do know, he smiles a lot. He always has a fantastic smile and that makes you fell great before he opens his mouth. He was on Larry King a few nights ago and was ask about his smile. Osteen claims it’s because of the positive effect God has on his life. I think this positive attitude is the reason he is so successful. He has a very positive message about how God can improve your life. He doesn’t preach Hell Fire and Brimstone. He talks about a God who is not trying to scare you into believing but makes you excited to be a follower. Unlike Achmed, you don’t have to commit suicide to have the reward of eternal life. It’s a great message to put a smile on your face.
I’m putting a mirror on the porch so all who visit can check their smile. I have also found that keeping the TV off makes it a lot easier to smile. Like laughter, a smile is also contagious. Just looking at someone with a smile makes it easier to turn the corners of the mouth up rather than down. For me it’s easy because I just look at my soul mate.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeff ludwick said...

And she makes a lot of other people smile, too. Isn't it nice to be around a few people that make you think it is Chrismas the year round? I would love to see "them" whoever "they" are come and try to make her take down her nativity scene or Christmas tree...

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home